MEMPHIS, Tenn. – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation suggests a yr-extended investigation has led to the indictment of a previous Shelby County assistant district legal professional basic, a few previous Memphis Police Office employees, a Memphis legal professional and four other people.
According to the TBI, District Lawyer Typical Amy Weirich questioned the TBI to look into “the poor use of private facts by another person within just her office” in June 2020. The TBI says Weirich then recused herself from the circumstance and it was taken care of by District Attorney Standard Bryant Dunaway.
The TBI states an investigation revealed previous District Assistant Legal professional Basic Glenda Adams and numerous other individuals have been responsible for an “elaborate scheme to gain from the use of confidential facts in Memphis Police reports.”
Adams was fired in October of last yr.
The TBI has identified the other suspects as Egypt Berry, Latausha Blair, Renatta Dillard, Roderick Harvey, Marcus Lewis, own injuries legal professional Aaron Neglia, Martin Nolan, and Mustafa Sajid.
“When I 1st figured out that just one of our prosecutors may be engaged in carry out that was most likely felony, I requested the TBI to begin an investigation and I recused this business office. I terminated Ms. Adams in October,” Weirich stated in a statement launched Friday. “I am thankful to the TBI and Gen. Dunaway for the operate they have completed so much on this situation. I am also grateful to those who brought this concern to the awareness of law enforcement. Symbolizing the citizens of Shelby County is an remarkable privilege and honor for all of us in this article. I will not tolerate the abuse of that privilege and honor.”
The TBI claims Berry, Blair, and Nolan were being employees of the Memphis Police Department at the time. They have all resigned because then.
Berry and Dillard ended up reportedly taken into custody Friday, and Harvey stays at significant. The TBI says the rest are envisioned to transform them selves in.
TBI says the Shelby County Grand Jury returned the next indictments:
- Adams (DOB: 12/8/72): Bribery of a General public Servant, Formal Misconduct, Violation of a Laptop Act above $10,000
- Berry (DOB: 4/21/85): Bribery of a General public Servant (2 counts), Official Misconduct, Violation of Pc Act more than $10,000
- Blair (DOB: 5/31/71): Violation of Laptop Act above $10,000
- Dillard (DOB: 6/26/67): Violation of Computer Act in excess of $10,000
- Harvey (DOB: 1/28/82): Bribery of a Community Servant, Violation of Computer system Act above $10,000
- Lewis (DOB: 5/17/80): Bribery of a General public Servant
- Neglia (DOB: 12/27/82): Bribery of a Public Servant, Violation of Laptop Act about $10,000
- Nolan (DOB: 7/28/87): Bribery of a Public Servant, Formal Misconduct, Violation of Pc Act over $10,000
- Sajid (DOB: 11/24/79): Bribery of a General public Servant
Suggest a Correction